Our team of experienced professionals is qualified to perform any and all facilities and referendum-planning activities and services from acting as Architect of Record to project completion.
Here is a sample of what we can do for you.
Educational Facility Planning
- Create enrollment projections.
- Evaluate existing capacity in light of current and future enrollment, curricula, and technological needs.
- Develop educational specifications from administrative and staff input that encompasses the district’s educational environment and the need for flexibility.
- Review architectural plans to ensure congruity between educational specifications and building design.
- Assist with site-selection process.
- Use of educational specifications, from preliminary through final plans, as the basis for building and space design for additions, renovations, or new construction.
- Develop budget estimates.
- Involve staff in periodic design reviews of existing facilities and those under construction.
- Attend job meetings at regular intervals to observe construction.
- Develop educational and architectural/engineering specifications for district technology plans.
- Identify and recommend hardware and software based on the district plan.
- Evaluate existing technology for efficiency and suitability.
- Assist district staff and grass roots community groups in identifying referendum campaign strategies.
- Develop supporting materials and participate in public presentations where appropriate.
- Assist with informational brochures, newsletters, and other publications for distribution to the community.
Financial Information Support
- Identify alternative funding approaches.
- Pursue project savings through, e.g. co-generation, computerized HVAC systems, etc.
- Meet with district staff and financial advisor to determine project feasibility.
- Provide alternative methods for payment of professional fees.
Technical Information Support
- Develop clearly written, easily interpreted architectural specifications.
- Qualify bids for Board action in compliance with district requirements.
- Interpret all relevant regulations to assure complete compliance throughout the project.
- Provide effective contract administration and documentation.
- Prepare documentation for and follow-up with governmental agencies granting project approvals.
- Submit all educational specifications, building design plans and specifications as required for approval by the NJ Department of Education’s Bureau of Facility Planning Services.
TDC Experience and System Considerations:
- Solar Energy Systems
- Roof mounted
- Parking lot canopies
- Wind Energy Systems
- Vertical mounted systems
- Cogeneration Heat/Cooling and Electrical Energy
- Micro Turbines
- Ice Storage Cooling
- Geothermal Heating and Cooling
- Energy Star Compliant High Efficiency Systems
- Day Lighting Systems
- Occupancy Sensors
- Temperature Control Management Systems
- Electrical Distribution Systems
- Water Saving Systems
- Building Envelope
- Roof Systems and Insulation
- Window Replacement
- Door Replacement
- Data Gathering
- Analyze existing building envelope and infrastructure
- Gather data on history of utility expenditures
- Target upgrades for Energy Star Compliance
- Project potential energy savings and "paybacks"
- Coordinate with District NJDOE Long Range Plan "System Actions"
- Financing Considerations
- Formulate strategies for implementation
- Project potential earnings and tax impacts
- Obtain NJDOE relevant aid approvals
- Debt-service aid
- ROD grants
- Stimulus funds
- BPU programs
- Assist in pre-referendum information campaign
- Assist in informing the public of the educational and environmental benefits