Mansfield Township School District - Mansfield Township Elementary School - Roof Replacement
Owner: Mansfield Township School District
Location: 200 Mansfield Road East, Columbus, NJ 08022
Contract Type: Lump Sum
Architect's Project Number: 8260 - AWARDED
Budget: Not provided
SCOPE OF WORK. The scope of the work shall include, but is not limited to, the following:
1. Replacement of roughly 42,000 s.f. of existing asphalt shingle roofing. Material shall be as detailed within the technical specifications.
2. Repair, restoration and / or replacement of fascias, rakes, soffits, gutters and downspouts;
3. Selective masonry restoration where designated.
4. Supply and installation of new aluminum ladders where indicated.
5. Structural repairs and modifications, including but not limited to roof sheathing replacement as required to accommodate the scope of this project.
D. CONTRACT NO. 1 – CONTRACT FOR ROOFING CONSTRUCTION
1. General Coordination responsibilities including the following:
a. Coordination of the work with SubContractors active on the project site. All Contractors shall act in accordance with the schedule dictated by the Owner, and shall coordinate all construction activities through the General Contractor and Owner, as agreed and accepted by the Owner and Architect.
2. Selective demolition responsibilities included within the scope of the project shall include the following:
a. Demolition and removal of all existing asphalt shingles and underlayment
b. Restoration and / or replacement of deteriorated wood sheathing and blocking
c. Replacement, restoration and / or modification of existing gutters and downspouts as required to accommodate the proposed roof replacement, and as delineated within the construction documents.
d. Restoration of existing nailbase composite roofing insulation panels as required to provide a complete, uninterrupted roofing insulation system.
e. Protection and modification of existing flashings and accessories required to remain.
f. Removal of existing sealants as delineated and required to accommodate the application of new sealants
g. Repair, patching and restoration of existing masonry wall surfaces indicated.
h. Removal and relocation of existing electrical systems indicated and required for the performance of the proposed work.
i. Removal and disposal of any and all abandoned or unused conduit, raceway and piping. Scope of the work shall further include the removal of all associated fasteners and anchors, patching of penetrations, and touch-up paint of patched construction.
j. Cleaning of the site. It shall be the responsibility of the contractor to completely clear the work area of ALL demolition debris. Cleaning of the site shall take place on a daily basis, with all construction and demolition debris, trash receptacles and containers removed from the from the site each day.
k. Notify the Owner and Architect in the event that hazardous materials are encountered during demolition operations, comply with applicable regulations, laws, and ordinances concerning removal, handling and protection against exposure or environmental pollution.
l. Protection of all existing improvements to remain, and not specifically designated for demolition. Damage to existing buildings, grounds and improvements resulting from the work of this contract shall be shall be repaired and restored at no expense to the Owner.
m. Protection of the project site, including but not limited to the installation of barriers and guards as required to protect students, staff and visitors to the site.
n. Limited masonry restoration as delineated within the delineated within the construction documents.
3. Supply and installation of new asphalt shingle roofing and underlayment.
4. Supply and installation of new structural grade wood sheathing and supplemental metal channel framing as required to provide sufficient roof ventilation.
5. Restoration and / replacement of existing metal roofing penetrations, flashings and accessories as delineated and as required to accommodate the roof shingle replacement.
6. Application of new joint sealant systems specified and delineated within the Contract Documents.
7. Repair, patching and restoration of existing masonry wall surfaces indicated., including joint restoration.
8. Restoration / replacement of existing wood blocking and furring. The scope of the Base Bid shall include the supply and installation of up to 200 l.f. of new structural grade No. 2 2” x 6” nominal framing members where and if required to replace existing deteriorated wood blocking members.
9. Restoration / replacement of existing nail base insulation system, The existing sheathing is non-structural 7/16” exterior grade oriented-strand board (OSB), installed over 2” nominal (1-3/4” actual) polyisocyanurate insulation with a 1” nominal (3/4” actual) air space. The scope of the Base Bid shall include the removal and replacement of up to 2500 s.f. of mis-installed or missing nail base insulation panels and installation of new 1-3/4” as required to infill all voids in the insulation membrane and supplemental framing required to secure the new plywood roof sheathing.
10. Warranties as specified.
11. Temporary services specified and required.
E. RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE OWNER:
1. Removal of all furnishings or loose equipment as required to accommodate the scope of this contract prior to the start of work and subsequent reinstallation of furnishings after final completion.
2. Access to standard single phase electrical service for light power equipment and tools required to perform the work. The contractor shall be responsible for the supply of temporary generators for three phase electrical service when and if required.
3. Provisions for access to the work area.
If necessary an Addendum will be issued
Pre-Bid Meeting Information
Date: Thursday, January 19, 2023 at 3:00 PM
Mansfield Elementary School
200 Mansfield Road East
All Participants are required to sign in at Main Office/Walk thru will follow meeting
Columbus, NJ 08022
Available as of: On or After Friday, December 23, 2022
Cost: $25.00 Non-Refundable - Documents will be distributed electronically by Architect
Payable To: Mansfield Township School District
Return Policy: Non Refundable
The Design Collaborative Architects and Planners, PA
1940 Route 9 Norrth
ALL DOCUMENTS WILL BE DISTRIBUTED ELECTRONICALLY VIA ARCHITECT
Cape May Court House, NJ 08210
Bids Due By: Tuesday, February 7, 2023 at 2:00 PM
Submit Bids to:
Mansfield Township School District
200 Mansfield Road East
Attn: Ms. Danielle Dolci, Bus Adm/Brd. Secretary
Columbus, NJ 08022
AMTEK CONSULTING, INC.
1967 Rte 27, Suite 15
711 N. Main Street
Pleasantville, NJ 08232
D.A. Nolt, Inc.
53 Cross Keys Road
Berlin, NJ 08009
324 Linden Grove Road
New Holland, PA 17557
Dodge Data & Analytics - NJ
300 American Metro Blvd
Hamilton, NJ 08619
Grayson Contracting Co., Inc.
395A Millstone Road
Millstone, NJ 08510
5205 Route 130
Florence, NJ 08518
MAK Group, LLC
40 Summit Avenue
Clifton, NJ 07013
1627 Wyckoff Road
Farmingdale, NJ 077027
Northeast Roof Maintenance, Inc.
849 Catherine Street
Perth Amboy, NJ 08861
Sky General Contractor
74 1st Avenue
Paterson, NJ 07514
Union Roofing Contractors
12260 Townsend Road
Philadelphia, PA 19154
USA General Contractors Corp.
980 Dehart Place
Elizabeth, NJ 07207
|Bidder||Type||Base Bid||Awarded Amount|
|AMTEK CONSULTING, INC.||LS||$825,000.00|
|D.A. Nolt, Inc.||LS||$1,439,096.00|
|Northeast Roof Maintenance, Inc.||LS||$961,000.00|
|Sky General Contractor||LS||$735,000.00||$735,000.00|
|Union Roofing Contractors||LS||$1,136,000.00|
|USA General Contractors Corp.||LS||$1,092,000.00|
- GC - General Contractor
- P - Plumbing
- E - Electrical
- SS - Structural Steel
- V - Vendor
- HVAC - Heating, Ventilating, AC
- RS - Reporting Service
- SW - Site Work
- F - Furniture
- LS - Lump Sum