Lumberton Township Board of Education - Lumberton Middle School Additional Roof Top Units
Owner: Lumberton Township Board of Education
Location: Burlington County
Contract Type: Lump Sum
Architect's Project Number: 8058 - Bid No. 2 AWARD POSTED
Budget: Not provided
Base Bid Scope of Work. The scope of the work shall include, but is not limited to the following:
1. Responsibilities including the following:
a. Coordination of the work with Sub-Contractors and the Owner’s forces active on the project site. All Contractors shall act in accordance with the schedule dictated by the Owner, and shall coordinate all construction activities through the General Contractor and Owner’s representative/Construction Manager, as agreed and accepted by the Owner and Architect.
b. Provisions for access to the work area.
c. Provision of additional steel supports for new units with larger roof foot print than the existing units.
d. Cutting of existing metal deck, replacement in kind, as needed to install the new units.
e. Provision of new EPDM roofing, including maintaining of existing roof warranty. Note that the roofing at all units was new as of Summer 2019.
2. Selective demolition responsibilities included within the scope of the project shall include the following:
a. Removal of mechanical equipment, including the existing water source heat pump roof-top units, piping and accessories as delineated within the construction drawings.
b. Remove Piping to / from rooftop units.
3. Remove excess fluids from piping drained from the heat pump loop.
a. Contractor shall submit disposal slips for all material removed from the project site, in-cluding, but not limited to, the existing rooftop units, refrigerant, ductwork and compo-nents removed for replacement and accessories. Resale of demolished materials or equipment removed from the project site shall not be permitted.
b. Electrical disconnect.
c. Removal of equipment and accessories as designated and required to complete the scope of the proposed work. Removal of duct sections required to accommodate connection of existing ductwork to new rooftop units.
d. Cutting of existing steel deck and roofing as required to accommodate the construction proposed.
1) New steel roof frames, patching and repair of the existing low slope roofing sys-tem as required to accommodate the new construction. All roof repairs made shall be in compliance with the existing “Carlisle” roof warranty and must be performed by a “Carlisle” approved subcontractor.
e. Repair, patching and preparation of existing GWB and masonry wall surfaces as required to accommodate the proposed construction, and as required to accept the specified finishes.
f. Removal and relocation of existing electrical, plumbing and mechanical systems indicated and required for the performance of the proposed work.
4. Crane Services as required to remove the existing rooftop units, and set the new. Crane opera-tions may not be scheduled while the building is occupied. The crane schedule must be ap-proved in writing by the Owner prior to equipment delivery.
5. Supply and installation of steel framing lintels and, decking, supports and accessories as re-quired to accommodate the proposed mechanical construction. Note that the roof conditions may vary at each area, and are to be field verified.
6. Develop detailed duct shop drawings at rooftop unit connections showing existing ducts and connections to new rooftop units. Installation of new duct elbows, offsets and other duct sec-tions for connection to new rooftop units.
7. Insulation of new piping and ductwork. Existing damaged insulation within 10 feet of demol-ished components/interconnection to new ducts or pipes shall be repaired or replaced.
8. Removal and restoration interior finishes, including coordination and sequencing of the work with the owner and other contractor’s forces contractors.
9. Provision of new EPDM roofing, including maintaining of existing roof warranty.
a. Note that the roofing at four units was new as of Summer 2019.
b. Provision of new polyiso roof insulation, in thickness to match existing that may have been removed during demolition process.
10. Supply and installation of curbs, curb adapters or other components necessary for rooftop unit support.
11. Patching of building finishes damaged or altered as a result of the work of this contract.
12. Mechanical / Plumbing Work, including but not limited to new rooftop units removal demoli-tion and relocation. The full scope of the work shall be as delineated within the Contract doc-uments, and shall include, but is not limited to the following,
a. Supply and installation of all equipment
b. New Piping, valves, piping insulation.
13. Piping Connections
14. Full charging, testing of refrigerants supplied with rooftop units.
a. Testing and balancing as required for the completion operation of the system.
15. Electrical Work, including, but not limited to electrical demolition and relocation, and supply and installation of new electrical services shown and required for a complete operating sys-tem.
16. Warranties as specified.
The Bidder, or its sub-contractors, shall be classified by the State of New Jersey – Division of Property Management and Construction, and the New Jersey Schools Development Authority in the following classifications:
C029 Structural Steel and Ornamental Iron
C066 Roof-Membrane EPDM
The Bidder, and any sub-contractor classified under the above categories must present evidence INCLUDED WITHIN THEIR FORM OF BID, of their pre-qualifications, including current New Jersey Schools Development Authority (NJSDA), Division of Property Management and Construction (DPMC) Copy of “Notice of Classification”, Current DPMC Copy of “Total Amount of Uncompleted Contracts” and Business Registration Certificate.
Bidding shall be in conformance with the applicable requirements of NJSA 18A:18A-1 et. seq., the Public School Contracts Law.
All questions pertaining to securing Contract Documents, Bidder’s Lists, etc. shall be directed to:
The Design Collaborative, Architects & Planners, PA
1940 Route 9 North
Cape May Court House, NJ 08210.
All questions pertaining to the contract documents, technical sections, legal documents, and bid submission shall be directed in writing, no later than Thursday, January 7, 2021 at 12:00 Noon to The Design Collaborative, Architects & Planners, PA: fax: (609) 465-9358; email: Office@tdc-tvc.com.
IF NECESSARY, AN ADDENDUM WILL BE ISSUED on Friday, January 8, 2021 and in accordance with NJSA 18A:18A-1 et. seq, the Public School Contracts Law.
Pre-Bid Meeting Information
Date: Tuesday, January 5, 2021 at 9:00 AM
Lumberton Middle School
30 Dimsdale Drive
Sign-in at Main Office - Walk-thru will take place following meeting
Lumberton, NJ 08048
Available as of: On/Or After Monday, December 21, 2020
Cost: $25.00 Non-Refundable - Documents will be distributed electronically by Architect
Payable To: Lumberton Township Board of Education - MAIL CHECK TO ARCHITECT
Return Policy: NON-REFUNDABLE
Documents will be distributed via email link
The Design Collaborative Architects and Planners, P.A.
1940 Route 9 North
Cape May Court House, NJ 08210
Bids Due By: Wednesday, January 20, 2021 at 2:00 PM
Submit Bids to:
Lumberton Township Board of Education
33 Municipal Drive
Attn: Mr. Mark Leung, Bus. Admin/Board Secretary
Lumberton, NJ 08048
Bill Leary Air Conditioning & Heating
6 Green Street
Metuchen, NJ 08840
324 Linden Grove Road
New Holland, PA 17557
638 Johnson Road
Sicklerville, NJ 08081
Driscoll Mechanical, L.L.C.
109 Main Street
Mount Ephraim, NJ 08059
Estock Piping Co., LLC
569 Chesterfield - Arneytown Road
Chesterfield, NJ 08515
3329 North Mill Road
Vineland, NJ 08360
Gaudelli Bros. Mechanical, Inc.
202 S Wade Blvd.
Millville Industrial Park
Millville, NJ 08332
Kaser Mechanical, LLC
1150 East Broad Street
Burlington,, NJ 08016
610 North New Jersey Avenue
Atlantic City, NJ 08401
LGB Mechanical, Inc.
555 North Route 73
West Berlin, NJ 08091
McCloskey Mechanical Contractors, Inc.
445 Lower Landing Road
Blackwood, NJ 08012
Surety Mechanical Services of NJ LLC
300 Thomas Avenue
Williamstown, NJ 08094-3442
|Bidder||Type||Base Bid||Awarded Amount|
|Driscoll Mechanical, L.L.C.||LS||$328,800.00|
|Gaudelli Bros. Mechanical, Inc.||LS||$291,000.00||$291,000.00|
|Kaser Mechanical, LLC||LS||$303,000.00|
|LGB Mechanical, Inc.||LS||$315,000.00|
|Surety Mechanical Services||LS||$329,000.00|
- GC - General Contractor
- P - Plumbing
- E - Electrical
- SS - Structural Steel
- V - Vendor
- HVAC - Heating, Ventilating, AC
- RS - Reporting Service
- SW - Site Work
- F - Furniture
- LS - Lump Sum